Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Fault In Our Stars





I remember having to read this book for one of my first college classes, thinking at first that the story was not all that realistic, but then, as I got more into it, I remember enjoying the carefully developed characters and the sad but inspiring story.

I think that this is a great read, not only because the cast is memorable and really easy to visualize, but also because the book's message is clear and the author really knows how to make everybody interact well with one another.
He also puts a few satisfying bummer/annoying twists in the story to throw off the reader
(even if you can understand what will happen to the characters as the story draws to a close)

I am often the kind of person that will only read if I have to, but this book captivated me and kept me turning its pages even to the tragic but fulfilling ending.

Much to my surprise, a film adaptation is officially in the works!

Below are photos of the current cast choices for the main characters...
Feel free to comment in either approval or disapproval below.






Shailene Woodley as Hazel-Grace Lancaster


Ansel Elgort as Augustus Waters


Nat Wolff as Isaac


Willem DaFoe as Peter Van Houten





No comments:

Post a Comment