Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Next Project: Exploring Lettering Part: 2

My first drawing took me longer that I thought it would, but sometimes I like taking my time so my work isn't messy. I didn't know at first how creative I was going to get, but I just let my artistic juices take over and went with the flow. Eventually I got done and I don't it turned out too bad for my first time drawing the letter at such a large size.
Today I didn't have much time to dedicate to my second drawing, so instead of trying to measure everything out perfectly, I did a quick sketch first. Then I went back over with my pastels. It did take me less time than the previous drawing, despite how I drew the letter twice.

I noticed between my first and second drawing there are differences. I curved the single "y" more in the first drawing and the two "y"s are more straight. I will have to really be more careful on the next two I do, which instead of pastels I'll use the sharpies. There needs to be consistent in all the pieces I'll produce over the next couple weeks. 





Tomorrow I think we will go over what we've produced so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment