Sunday, September 8, 2013

Cardinal Stritch Gallery Piece



This artist loves three things and made sure to have these 3 elements within her works for the art exhibit at Cardinal Stritch University. This artist loves the elements in which she included within her art piece: doodling, nature and fireworks. She includes these three elements together in 23 great pieces. The 23 pieces also include a button for backlighting.
The quality of the plant pictures in each frame is very nice. You can see the details in the petals and leaflets. Some of these pictures are abstract by having the picture of the plant very close up in zoom. She combines doodling and fireworks with her pieces very nicely. The doodles on each of the pieces are just designs of circles and swish marks, like that of a paintbrush. Another element is the fireworks.
My favorite piece is the one on the far right of a green plant. It shows beautifully of the three elements: nature, doodling, and fireworks. The fireworks on this piece are shown very well. I believe it is a ground firework, you can see how tall the firework, it’s color, and it’s detail. I had no idea fireworks had this much detail to them. They look even more brilliant than what I see when I watch them. I remember the artist said these pieces remind her of the fireworks that she watches here in Wisconsin. I do agree with her completely. I get that “homey” feeling from each piece.
The backlighting on each 23 pieces breathes a whole new life to each artistic piece. The backlight causes the artistic pieces to turn into something completely different from when it doesn’t have any light on. With the light on, it looks like the pieces are coming to light. They look more alive with the backlights on. It looks like the fireworks are more real, and causes the doodling to pop out more from when the light is off.
The pieces this artist made are overall well done. They cause me inspiration and cause me to look at nature in a whole new light. The pieces bring out the fun and inspiring emotions within me, which is what I think art should really do to someone. Her art pieces cause you to really look at the details and colors of nature, but also remind you of where you came from, such as Wisconsin fireworks and doodling in class while the teacher lectures.

No comments:

Post a Comment