Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Duplex NY


Image
This past weekend I was in New York and went to my boyfriend's sister's piano bar called The Duplex. She is an amazing singer and works there singing and bar tending. I had never been to a piano bar before, let alone in NY,  but have heard fun stories about it. It was a great experience. The singers were great and sang songs from ones of Mariah Carey to ones of  broadway musicals.
As The Duplex is in a more "friendly" part of New York, I was able to attend a drag queen show happening in the upstairs part of the building. This was also a very unique experience for me as I have never been to one before. It had great dance numbers, comedy, and costumes. I really enjoyed the show and the overall experience at the Duplex. Everyone was extremely talented and some of the nicest people I have ever met.

If you're open to trying new and interesting things, I would recommend trying out a piano bar and/or drag show, if you have the opportunity. It is a whole other culture and form of theatre that most people don't get to experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment