Thursday, September 5, 2013

Learning HTML

It seems almost as if all of the classes that I am currently enrolled in are touching on the concept of HTML.

HTML, as you all probably have heard by now, stands for Hyper-Text-Markup-Language.
This form of computer language is used for many different "computer-related" things; even the page you are reading right now is literally composed of HTML code.

This "over-learning" of HTML, for me at least, serves as a two-edged sword.

I can either be REALLY irritated by the CPU having to make writing simple sentences take unnecessarily long, or I can be REALLY happy that I will most likely get a good handle on all of it since it is being taught in nearly all of my classes this semester.

Either way, I just found it interesting and helpful that in one class, I was given the task of making a simple webpage featuring only images and brief text.
While I finished this assignment relatively quickly, my next class went over HTML in a totally different way, giving me "valuable" insight on how to make my simple webpage a little bit more appealing.
I added HTML code to make the images and text centered, (believe me this was not as easy as it sounds), and I as well was able to change the background color to something other than the standard white.

HTML is getting a little easier for me right now...as long as I have my notes, textbook, and internet tutorials...

No comments:

Post a Comment