Thursday, September 26, 2013

Chrome Experiments

500
Chrome is currently celebrating '500 Chrome Experiments'.  Someone sent me a link to one of the experiments and I was curious, so I looked past the flash and fun of the activity I was sent and discovered even more.  Chrome Experiments is a site where web designers who are part of a creative coding community can share their web experiments.  They currently are celebrating their record of having 500 loaded on their site.  Each of these experiments are created using either HTML5 or Javascript and incorporate the use of Canvas, WebGL and/or WebRTC.
I started playing around with some of these experiments and exploring them and I give props to the people who can create these games that entertain so many people on-line.  I have dabbled only a little in the world of web design and I haven't even scratched the surface.  The purpose of the common area to share these creations is to provide inspiration to creative minds and to show just how powerful, fun and free the internet can be.  Anyone can submit an experiment as long as it meets the requirements of the site: http://www.chromeexperiments.com/submit/

No comments:

Post a Comment