Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Barbara Bates Foundation

Breast cancer awareness has been a big part of my life because of my mothers passing of stage 4 breast cancer when I was 10 years old so seeing anything about breast cancer awareness always gets my attention. While looking at future shows in Milwaukee I found one about a fashion show in recognition of Breast cancer Awareness Month in October. Breast cancer survivors will model a collection of fashions designed by Barbara Bates. The money raised goes to the Flippin to a Cure and the Barabra Bates Foundation Institutional Grant on Disparity and Education of Breast Cancer. This grants serves to educate and address the gaps of breast cancer care faced by many women in the African American and Latino communities. The proceeds from this even will go to the breast cancer outreach and education programs of Froedtert Health Care Center. The Fashion Show is at the Milwaukee Art Museum on Sunday, Oct 20 7:30PM. I will most likely be going if my schedule permits it. I feel like it would be an amazing event to experience and I hope to make a blog about it after I see the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment