Thursday, October 24, 2013

Photographing Under Low, Artificial Light

Wednesday I was assigned to photograph the Stritch sports teams and had some hardships while photographing the Men's Soccer game. Since it started after 6:00 p.m., the game was played under the large lights which I found difficult to shoot under. Even with shooting in sports mode with a fast shutter speed, many of my images were blurry and, therefore, didn't turn out well. I found that I need to speak with someone who knows more about shooting under this dark lighting and acquire a lens that works the best under that lighting condition. 
I have also come to general conclusion that I enjoy shooting under brighter, natural lighting conditions versus artificial lights at night. It makes for warmer, well-lit photographs that can be taken with a more general lens versus a lens that is more specific to sports photography. 

No comments:

Post a Comment