Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Creating a Resume

From building my resume, I have learned that there are many things/jobs I have done that I didn't think would be something to put on my resume, and also, accomplishments. For instance, I didn't think that winning a photography award would be something to put on a resume and some artistic works I did for class projects that were submitted to radio stations and/or  other artistic outlets. It turns out that I have built up a lot of things of that nature over the past four years that really help my resume and add to my artistic accomplishments.
In the past, I had just had a simple resume with past, non-art-related past jobs listed, as I was probably applying for a restaurant or retail job and those artistic accomplishments weren't relevant. However, now that I am applying to internships and jobs that will be associated with my future career path, I have learned to create a resume for myself as an artist, which has helped me evaluate all that I have accomplished as well as realize things that I have still yet to do or learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment