Friday, November 8, 2013

ART 202 WEBSITE Part 2






This is part (2) of my 3-part blog, featuring a bit more of my concept images, detailing what I had added and what I had still planned to do.

Based on the feedback that I got from my critique group, I changed the wooden buttons into transparent images that could have text easily layered over them:




I kept the CHARACTER BIOS and HOME navigation tabs up on the top of the page, and contemplated how I would create a progress bar (an idea that came from my critique group).


As I moved on farther, I re-made all of the links into rollover images with transparent backgrounds. I had created the layout of my site almost entirely off of a few templates since the majority of it's content would appear on pages that were relatively the same.

I found this template online and used it as a source for the character bios in my site:



In order to prevent the complications of moving a typeface from computer-to-computer, even the font was saved as a transparent PNG image, giving off the exact look I intended:





Here is an image of what I intended for my CHARACTER-BIOS page to look like:





The next blog will show a contrast between the beginning concepts and the final results



No comments:

Post a Comment